Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Clifton Chenier

This is just some token zydeco. It’s a distillation of a box set called Zydeco Dynamite: The Clifton Chenier Anthology that I got at the WK library.




Clifton Chenier:



Le Petite Fleur – The little flower
Baby Please
It Happened So Fast
Hey Ma Ma – Sounds suspiciously like Hey La Bas by Fats Domino
Ai Ai Ai
Bon Ton Roulet
Hot Rod
I Am Coming Home – This bears a passing resemblance to Sam Cooke’s Bring It On Home To Me
Tu Le Sien Son Ton (Once In A While)
Zydeco Cha Cha
Tighten Up Zydeco – No relation to Tighten Up by Archie Bell & The Drells
Cotton Picker Blues
My Babe – The Willie Dixon song. Done also by Ricky Nelson, Little Walter, and Gerry & The Pacemakers.
Road Runner – Not the Bo Diddley song and not the Jr. Walker & The All Stars song.
I’m The Zydeco Man
What’d I Say – The Ray Charles song, zydeco-style.
Hot Tamale Baby

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page