Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Debbie Reynolds

I got my entire Debbie Reynolds collection from the original singles; of course my entire collection is 2 tracks.

She only ever had 4 records on the pop charts, 2 on Dot, 2 on Coral, and I have one of each.




Debbie Reynolds



Tammy – This was one of those great hits of the 50s, a pop ballad, very syrupy. “Tammy, Tammy, Tammy’s in love…” One can see her, frolicking starry-eyed in an open meadow... Listen closely though, and you hear all the uncertainty and insecurity. Number 1 in the summer of 1957.
Am I That Easy To Forget – The transitional stage, from the POV of the LBS. How, though, does she know how easy she is to forget; she only makes assumptions based on how his life is going, but truly, she has no idea. A hit from the winter of 1960, and again for Engelbert Humperdinck in 1968.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page