Saturday, April 17, 2010

Ornette Coleman

Ornette Coleman More jazz. When my jazz-fan friend learned that I was listening to this he suggested that I stop at The Shape Of Jazz To Come. I am not so faint-hearted, I responded. A little avant garde never scared me. and it’s true. It doesn’t scare. That doesn’t mean that I can make head or tail of it.

The collection is called Beauty Is A Rare Thing, and it is the complete recording history of Ornette Coleman on Atlantic. I made an anthology out of it, with no concept of how to do that. A bit of this album, a bit of that, except for Free Jazz, which consisted of one.. mmm. Not track, because an LP can’t have fewer than 2 tracks, not “song” exactly, well you know.




Ornette Coleman:



Focus On Sanity
Peace
Bird Food
Changes Of The Century
Kaleidoscope
To Us
Ecars
Free Jazz
Just For You
T & T

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page