Saturday, October 6, 2012

Troy Shondell


I wonder how different my life would have been had my parents named me “Troy.” Come to think of it, I wonder how different Troy Shondell’s life would have been had his parents named him “Troy.” What they named him, in fact, was Gary.

Most of these teen idol types who only had one or two hits have the excuse that music was not their main career. They were movie stars. Think Tab Hunter. Shondell had no such excuse. He was not a movie star, and, good looks notwithstanding, he only had 2 records (3 songs) on the hot 100.


Troy Shondell:

This Time – A once-and-for-all breakup song. I hate to think of the real life drama going on behind the lyrics. “This time we’ve said way too much .” It would have happened at some point. From the fall of 1961.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page