This album, which is called Golden Favorites, and which boasts the “Music in the Morgan Manner”, I found in the easy listening section of Pyramid Records. Seems you could find just about anything at Pyramid Records.
• Does Your Heart Beat For Me – Oh my. The men are off fighting, we watch newreels at the cinema, and Russ Morgan’s chorus sings of love and romance.
• The Object Of My Affection – This is really bouncy.
• Do You Ever Think Of Me – I suppose I could think of some that I would dedicate this to…
• Cruising Down The River – A song about, can you guess? Cruising down the river! This is one of his earliest and best known, and I have a version by Ken Griffin.
• Linger Awhile – Stumbling – Features a laughing trumpet…
• The Wang Wang Blues – Well you gotta love the title anyway.
• Dogface Soldier – Redundant really, a “dogface” was a soldier. This marching song was a hit in the fall of 1955.
• So Tired – A romance that’s just not coming off. Russ is getting frustrated.
• Josephine – We heard this by Les Paul
• You’re Nobody Till Somebody Loves You – A proposition with which one may reasonably argue. A hit for Dean Martin later. Morgan Co-wrote this.
• The Johnson Rag – Before the twist, the frug, the bugaloo, or the bus stop, there was the Johnson Rag. Let your shoulders wag, don’t let your left foot drag…