Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Eddie Fisher


Eddie Fisher was a crooner, though a loud crooner, and he was married for a while to Elizabeth Taylor. I wonder if he sang her to sleep.

This album is called The Best Of Eddie Fisher, it’s only got 12 tracks, which is enough for me, and I can’t remember where I got it.

We had, growing up, an Eddie Fisher album in our collection; it was called Oh My Papa.

That’s really all I have to say about Eddie Fisher.





Eddie Fisher:



Anytime – This is country disguised as pop, was it Eddy Arnold did it?
Oh! My Pa-Pa (O Mein Papa) – Songs about parents always strike me as kind of hokey, and this is no exception. I can’t really relate, not that my father was a bad guy or anything…
Heart – Top 10 in the spring of 1955, this was also done by Peggy Lee
Trust In Me
Lady Of Spain – One of those standards that pop up here and there, I am partial to The Ventures’ version, that was only ever released as a b-side.
I’m Walking Behind You – One of those wedding songs. Oh. Those…
Tell Me Why – We’ve heard this by The Four Aces. I like Eddie’s version better, for what it’s worth
I’m Yours – Yet another song with this title
I Need You Now – A hit in January 1955
Wish You Were Here – Not the Pink Floyd song.
Thinking Of You
Fanny – I think my mother had a friend called Fanny, but I never did.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page