Sunday, November 30, 2008

Rosemary Clooney

That mail order place where I got The Four Aces, that’s where I got Rosemary Clooney, and it’s the same series, called Timeless Treasures.

I saw a movie bio of her once. And George is her nephew.

Rosemary died in 2002.





Rosemary Clooney:


Come On-A My House – The was her first hit, and it was given to her by Mitch Miller, and it was co-written by Ross Bagdasarian, who was David Seville of the Chipmunks.
Hey There – From 1954 (and it hit in the UK in the fall of ’55), this was a biggie. It was done by Johnny Ray too.
This Ole House – A kind of spiritual, and a hit in January 1955. I have another version of this by The Statler Brothers.
Half As Much – By Hank Williams, many of whose songs were popified in the early 50s.
Botch-A-Me
Mangos – Top 10 in the spring of ‘57
Beautiful Brown Eyes
Memories Of You – From early ’56, this was actually The Benny Goodman Trio, with vocals by Rosemary.
Mambo Italiano – Yet another Mambo from late 1954 / early 1955
Be My Life’s Companion
Too Old To Cut The Mustard – With Marlene Dietrich
If Teardrops Were Pennies
Blues In The Night – My mama done told me….
You're Just In Love – With Guy Mitchell (you're just in love with Guy Mitchell?)
Tenderly
I Could Have Danced All Night – from the spring of 1956.

1 comment:

Belle said...

Another one my mom used to play on the record player!

 
Locations of visitors to this page