Saturday, May 21, 2011

Al Caiola

Look him up on Wikipedia yourself. The number of recordings this guy played on makes me dizzy. On his own, though, he only had 2 hits. I picked one up off the single (The Magnificent Seven) and the other (Bonanza) from the creatively titled album Hit Instrumentals From Western TV Themes.



Al Caiola:

The Magnificent Seven – The tune bears more than a passing resemblance to the theme from Hockey Night In Canada, which I haven’t watched in many years, and which may have a different theme now. The Magnificent Seven was apparently a movie, a western in fact. The song was a hit in early 1961.
Bonanza – This was a cover of the TV show theme, a staple of every TV in the land every Sunday night. Oh how I remember the tales of Pa and Hoss and Little Joe. Adam was gone by the time I was old enough to watch. I don’t think that TV theme shows still make radio play lists. From late winter of 1961.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page