Saturday, August 28, 2010

Ernie Fields

I got my one and only Ernie Fields track on a collection of rock and roll instrumentals on K-Tel. Or it might have been Ronco.

I got many songs this way. I’d find TV-advertised LPs in used record stores, often scratched to pieces but what can you do. Many of the songs I got were otherwise very difficult to find. So let’s stop and salute all those LPs of questionable quality and no status, without which my collection would be that much poorer…




Ernie Fields



In The Mood – Perhaps the signature tune of the swing era. Fields chops up the beat and renders into some kind of rock and roll, though what kind isn’t clear. Bette Midler had a minor hit with this, a follow-up to Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy. From the fall of 1959 and credited to Ernie Fields Orchestra.

1 comment:

Life Student said...

You don't mention that the children of the owners of K-Tel went to your school...

 
Locations of visitors to this page